Commissioning closed by the In-Flight Assessment Review after 60 days
- Early Operations Phase (EOP) and satellite engineering assessment.
- Instrument set to ON.
- Beginning of Life Calibrations (obturator closed then open).
- Station acquisition toward a first stellar field.
- Beginning of runs, performance assessment.
Station acquisition 7 days
- Orientation of spacecraft toward a new stellar field.
- Transition - step by step - to the CoRoT pointing mode.
- Programming of the instrument (windowing, aperture photometry algorithms) for both observation programmes.
Observation 150/20 days
- 4 observation runs in a year.
- Periodically interrupted by solar wings rotations and calibrations.